A Project to reinvigorate a small portion of Clyde hidden downtown with a name long forgotten by most and looked at as nothing more than a bland pass-through from the back parking lot to a downtown storefront or apartment.
The Clyde Public Library was established in 1903 as an outgrowth of the school library and was located on the third floor of the old Union School on Vine Street. Because the Clyde community so overwhelmingly responded to the Library, it soon became apparent that the Library needed a building of its own. With a gift of $10,000.00 from public library philanthropist Andrew Carnegie and matching community support, a beautiful public library built of Sandusky County granite was erected on the corner of West Buckeye and George Streets. Too much community anticipation, the Library opened its doors on October 30, 1906.