The General Services Department maintains city streets and alleys, the storm sewer system, and other facilities operated and maintained in the interest of public safety and service.
The curbside services performed by the General Services Department shall include the following items:
- Tree and hedge trimmings performed by the property owner
- Yard waste - including grass clippings, garden clean-up, and hedge trimmings
- Christmas trees
The General Services Department is not responsible for the chipping of tree trimmings performed by a professional tree trimming service.
Christmas trees shall have all decorations removed, including tinsel. These trees have been used for wildlife habitats and the remaining decorations pose a danger to birds and animals.
Spring / Summer / Fall Schedule for Yard Waste Pick up at Your Location
Curbside Pick-up shall adhere to the following schedule to accomplish timely Curbside Service:
- Monday: East - East of Main and South of McPherson
- Tuesday: Southwest - West of Main and South of Maple
- Wednesday: Northwest - West of Main and North of Maple, South of McPherson
- Thursday: North - North of McPherson, East of Main
Limbs & Yard Waste
- Limbs will be picked up weekly on scheduled days from April 1 to November 24. Please stack cut ends with the flow of traffic on your side of the street.
- From November November 25 to March 31 please call 419-547-7419 to schedule pick up.
- Yard waste (leaves, flowers, grass) will be picked up the first full week and the third week of every month on scheduled days from April 1st to the first snowfall.
- Please no sticks, garbage, or rocks in yard waste, mixed piles will not be picked up. Put yard waste along curb in the boulevard, and do not pile beside or behind poles and signs Please delay setting items for curbside pickup until the day before your scheduled pickup. Stones, construction materials, glass, metal, tires, and other non-decomposable items will not be picked up.
- Do not put anything other than leaves or normal yard waste out for pickup.
- Do not sweep leaves into the gutter or on the roadway.
- There is no need to phone or schedule pickup.